Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Vote for Brooches

My Florida town was an exciting place to be on Election Day. I loved seeing the way people were dressing up to vote. I saw a lot of American flag colors, but also lots of people who, like me, dressed mainly in blue. (We were so giddy at the idea that this might actually be a blue state this year! And it was!) I also saw women paying tribute to Michelle Obama in fabulous outfits like this one from Kimberly of Fab Finds Under $50.


I like the way Michelle Obama pins a single brooch at the v-neck of a dress or sweater, and I am totally going to copy this look with various brooches like these:


As always, Etsy has a zillion options for vintage brooches that would go perfectly with this outfit:



From top left: Vintage Mod White Glass Sunburst Brooch on sale from RelicsRenewed; Pretty Vintage Turquoise Rhinestone Brooch from Susantique; Vintage Amethyst Stone Brass Brooch from AuthenticAntiques; Late 1800s to Early 1900s Art Nouveau Brooch from LunabudsAttic; Vintage Gold Bow Brooch from HopelesslyDevoted; Vintage Marcasite Bow Brooch from PattycakesPatterns; Stunning Trifara Signed Gold Tone Leaf Brooch from Beatomicbeauty; awesome and bizarre Vintage Egyptian Cat Brooch from Vickisvintagelane.

No comments: