Monday, September 8, 2008

The Big Lug

I'm teaching a class this fall at one of the colleges here in town, and I wanted something big and luggage-y to haul around all my books. (And I also wanted this print, Traveling Woman With Bags, from Amyartist.)

I had in mind something like this Dolce and Gabbana satchel.

Or this one from Urban Outfitters.

I was tempted to buy this vintage doctor's bag. After all, I did finally manage to become a doctor. Although this belonged to the kind of doctor who saves lives, not the kind of doctor who corrects grammar mistakes on essays.

In the end I decided to give up all the trouble of searching for a bag that looked like luggage and just buy ... luggage. My vintage maroon leather carry-on bag arrived today from Verovintage, and I love it! "Does it look like I'm going on a trip?" I asked Oliver. "It looks like you're going on a trip to the 70s," he said. "That is exactly where I want to go," I told him.

No comments: