Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sea Blues

My midwestern hometown is at its best in the fall. The trees turn spectacular shades of gold, plum, and crimson, and they are so lovely that when I was living there, those were the only fall colors I wanted to wear. (Except black, because I always want to wear black.) But now I live in a place where the leaves don't change and the weather is always warm, and the fall color I find myself longing for is blue. Not just any blue, but the particular cobalt blue of the ocean on a sunny autumn day in Florida. Fortunately, I'm seeing that color everywhere:


I'll wear it with black. Which will not be a drastic change for me.

(Blue Notes Cluster Earrings from Poppigirl; Silk Brocade Purse from RidikRidonk; Captivating Cornflower Necklace from Wiyomu; Art Gallery Flats from Modcloth; Ocean Iridescence Blouse from Lane Bryant; Vintage Bluebell Earrings from Vintagelizzy; Tadashi Jersey Short Dress; Into the Blue Necklace from LighthouseDesigns; Blue Ribbon Lace Bombshell Dress (44-34-44) from VintageSedona; Vintage Limoges Ring from Enchantedbeas; Bold Vintage Givenchy Scarf from QuiteRightSlick; Merona Plus Cardigan with Bow Tie from Target.)

No comments: