Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Dressier Dressler

This post from Fatshionista! made me curious. I wanted to see some women close to my size wearing the fashions of the past that I love. So I did a quick search, and then it occurred to me: Marie Dressler. She was a fantastic actress, she sounds like a fantastic person, and I love all of her outfits.

Especially this one from Dinner at Eight. (Which is the greatest movie ever.) So now I'm a little obsessed. I want to dress like Marie Dressler every day.



Which means having no fear of flowing layers, lace jackets, fingerless gloves, and serious jewelry. Marie Dressler's character in Dinner at Eight is always dripping with jewels. Internet, there is no way I can carry this look off the way she did. But maybe I'll give it a try.

No comments: